Oral hygiene advice for children
- Tooth brushing should be done twice daily.
- You should always spit toothpaste out, do not rinse after brushing.
- For children up to 6 years old, use toothpaste with a Fluoride Concentration of 1000ppm. From 6 years upwards, you can use toothpaste with Fluoride content of between 1000-1450ppm.
- Mouthwash can be used at a time other than brushing for an extra fluoride boost.
- Toothbrush should be replaced every 2/3months or once you notice toothbrush becoming worn.
- A small headed toothbrush should be used with medium bristles.
- Use small circular movements to clean both teeth and gums.
- Have sugary drinks and foods less often.
- Visit your dentist regularly.